Sunday, October 13, 2013

I should have worn a black trenchcoat and mirrored sunglasses to my health screening.



If I were much cooler than I actually am, this would have been me:


My employer gave a free (mandatory) employee health screening as part of the health insurance program. Needless to say, I rocked it. (Despite eating "all the wrong foods" and working out 15 minutes per week.)
 I hope the nurse who did my bloodwork will read my blog, as she was a very nice person.

Triglycerides: "Should be less than 150" Mine was 50.

HDL aka "Good Cholesterol": "Should be at least 40" Mine was 97.

LDL aka "Bad Cholesterol": "Yours didn't show up on test because the triglycerides were so low."

Total Cholesterol: 222    "A little high." (I am NOT worried, BTW!)

WHY am I not worried about my "high cholesterol"?
Third, if you are really concerned about heart health, or are on statins, you might consider reading this new book by Jimmy Moore
Fourth, LDL is not BAD! If it were, why would our body make it?

Praise the lard! (pasture raised, of course...) -Mo the human

No comments:

Post a Comment