Tuesday, September 17, 2013

To dance with those who are not yet born...

I hope, someday, to be very old.
I hope to live that long, but not at the expense of living.
Through scraped knees, and broken bones,
Stubbed toes, and broken hearts, I plan to earn my way...
To graceful wisdom.

I hope to dance with those who are not yet born.
To sing with them their songs.
To see through their eyes.
To taste, once again, the reckless joy of a youthful body,
Like the one I have today.




I wrote this short poem over 7 years ago when my wife was pregnant with our first kid.
I'm happy to say, thanks largely to a few key changes,  I feel even more youthful and alive today than I did then!






OK, Now go outside and play!

                                                                Much love, Mo the human

No comments:

Post a Comment